Winter Energy and Money Saving Tips For Your Home
It is estimated that an average house in the US spends around $1900 on energy bills every year. With the onset of winter, it is useful to know ways to save money and energy through environmental-friendly methods. These easy to follow tips will help you conserve energy plus save money on your heating bills this winter.
- Seal window and door leaks with caulk and weatherstripping to ensure a tight seal.
- Cover drafty windows with tight-fitting insulating drapes or shades. Installing a plastic insulating kit such as 3M’s Indoor Window Insulator Kit available here is also a great way to insulate windows during the winter months.
- If you have older windows, you may consider replacing them with new Energy Efficient Windows or retrofitting your current windows.
- Adjust the thermostat to as low as is comfortable when you are home and lower when you are away.
- Replace your furnace filter as needed to ensure proper airflow and peak performance from your heating system.
- Turning your water heater to the warm setting will save you energy and money!
- Attic insulation such as our Green Energy Barrier reflective insulation and blown-in attic insulation help block and entrap air. This allows the house to stay cool during summer and warm during winter. Reflective insulation helps to reduce power bills spent for maintaining a constant room temperature.
- Low- E Window films by Tenco are an efficient way to insulate windows in California homes. They help to retain about 64% of heat thereby reducing the heating bills during winter. In addition to insulation, they also help in blocking up to 99% of harmful UV rays.
- Use newer LED holiday lights instead of traditional lights to reduce the cost of decorating your home.
- Replacing your old gas appliances with a newer Energy Star water heater or furnace can save you even more money.
Contact your trusted Tenco installer at 1-866-272-1451 to see how we can help you save money this winter with new windows, Attic Insulation or Low-E window film. We serve Riverside, San Bernardino, Corona, Moreno Valley, Colton, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Norco, Eastvale, Redlands, Fontana and most of the Southern California area.